What to Bring for Your Citizenship Consultation
- Your green card and all current and expired passports.
- List of all trips and dates outside of the U.S. in the past 5 years.
- List of employment and/or schools for the past five years, including start and end dates.
- List of home addresses where have you lived in the last 5 years, including start and end dates.
- Information about your current spouse and all prior marriages for you and your spouse, including names, addresses, dates/places of birth, date/place of marriage, SSN, immigration status and A# (if any).
- Information about all of your children, including names, addresses, dates/places of birth, SSN, immigration status and A# (if any).
- If you have been arrested: Bring ALL arrest and court documents, even if charges were dropped or record expunged.
- Men Only: If you were living in the U.S. between the ages of 18 and 26, please bring evidence of Selective Service registration. You can get evidence of your Selective Service registration by calling 888-655-1825 or visiting www.sss.gov.
- If you cannot afford the Application filing fee ($725), you may qualify for a reduced fee oor a fee waiver. You must bring documents such as pay stubs, your most recent tax return (and W2’s), and/or recent written proof that you receive public benefits like SSI, Medi-Cal, food stamps, WIC, CalWorks, cash aid, general assistance, etc.
Use the following link to learn more about the application process on the USCIS website: https://www.uscis.gov/n-400